We are currently looking for an assistant – senior solicitor (minimum 4 years PQE) to join our expanding commercial property team. This particular opportunity is unique in the sense the successful candidate will be able to take on a retiring, senior solicitor’s caseload in addition to taking on new firm enquiries and building their own clients.
To be considered you will have practised in commercial property, with a mix of some residential and have a demonstrable passion for this work. The role will include freehold and leasehold sales and purchases, lease renewals, developments, pub leases, options and overages and to provide commercial property support to the company commercial team for the property aspects of acquisitions, sales or restructures. The candidate will need to be able to carry some residential property transactions.
The successful candidate will provide a high quality service to clients, have a credible background, be keen to market and develop the efficiency and reputation of this team and AMD generally.
The candidate would work within a small team of commercial property solicitors with plenty of property administrative support.
The candidate will work with a range of clients from many industry sectors including some in the pub industry.
- Preparing/reviewing leases, sub-leases, assignments, RDDs, licence for alterations;
- Negotiating commercial property leases through to completion;
- Handling commercial property freehold and leasehold purchases and sales;
- Advising on and drafting property documents for private acquisitions and sales and asset purchases and sales;
- Assisting senior solicitors with overage and option agreements;
- Assisting senior solicitors with larger development work;
- Advising clients on residential property purchases, sales and remortgages.
This is an excellent opportunity to play a key role in a growing department in a busy and established firm.
Skills & Experience
- Have the ability to demonstrate commercial acumen
- Balance the commercial elements of the deal with the legal aspects
- Possess exceptional analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Possess strong communication skills
- Consistently work to a high standard of client care
- Skilled and proactive introducer to other departments with the ability or appetite to market and develop new client relationships.
All applications to email@example.com or to our Henleaze Road Office.
This article is provided for general information purposes only and represents our understanding of the relevant law and practice as at the date of uploading. This article should not be relied upon as legal advice pertaining to any specific factual situation. Legal decisions should be made only after proper consultation with a legal professional of your choosing.