Start Date: January 2024 (or earliest availability)
We have an exciting opportunity to join our civil and commercial litigation department at our Whiteladies Road office.
In this role you will be assisting the Head of Litigation in a broad range of litigation matters including:
- Residential and Commercial Property Disputes;
- Landlord and Tenant Disputes;
- Contractual Disputes;
- Negligence claims;
- Contentious probate disputes;
- TOLATA claims; and
- Providing litigation support to our core departments.
The successful candidate will have had some experience in the above areas or a demonstrable passion for this area of litigation supported by their academic background.
The successful candidate will require excellent administrative and organisational skills to keep pace with a busy and varied caseload. This vacancy will include a mix of supporting the administration and management of the Head of Litigation with their caseload and building up and working on a caseload directly under supervision.
Example responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with new enquiries both in person and by telephone and email;
- Setting up files on our online case management system, preparing the initial documents to send to new clients and ensuring they meet all compliance requirements;
- Dealing with all relevant stages of litigation including taking instructions from clients, drafting correspondence, letters before action, claim forms, application notices, pleadings and witness statements;
- Preparing instructions to Counsel and supporting Counsel in court hearings;
- Attending meetings;
- Attending court hearings; and
- Working towards court advocacy over time.
The successful candidate will ideally have some or all of the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Working knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules;
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills;
- Excellent IT skills and familiarity to work with legal case management systems and accounts systems;
- Excellent client care skills and able to act in time pressured and time sensitive situations; and
- Excellent legal research.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy and established firm.
Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org