Director and Head of Commercial Property
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Acquisitions & Disposals of Freehold & Leasehold Land
- Commercial Negotiation
- Commercial Property
- Grants & Assignment of Leases
- Option Agreements
- Portfolio Management
- Property Finance
- Surrender & Variations of Leases
Helen is a Director and head of our Commercial Property Department.
Helen joined AMD in January 2020. Helen has nearly 15 years’ experience dealing with all aspects of commercial property gained at 2 large law firms in Bristol and in North Somerset. She also spent 10 months on secondment to a renewal energy company. Helen advises on property investment acquisitions and disposals and portfolio management, acting for a wide range of established real estate companies, institutional investors and entrepreneurial private investors and developers. She has also acted for a number of different tenant clients across various sectors from start-up businesses to established corporate entities.
Helen has advised a number of renewable energy developers in connection with the real estate aspects of their wind farm and solar park developments. Together with the experience gained whilst on secondment, she has a thorough knowledge of the renewable energy sector.
Recent cases and highlights include:
- Acting for a tenant client setting up a new low waste shop.
- Acting for a private investor on the acquisition of a multi let office building and dealing with the subsequent asset management of the property, including new leases for a gym operator, nursery provider and various office lettings.
- Acting for a renewable energy company on the variation of an option agreement in relation to a renewable energy barn.
- Acting for a developer in the exercise of an option following the grant of planning permission to convert a nursing home into flats. This also involved dealing with the local planning authority to negotiate a unilateral undertaking for an offsite affordable housing payment.
Recent feedback from Helen’s clients
“AMD Solicitors excelled in looking after us on a recent residential property sale in Bristol. They were friendly, attentive, efficient, and supportive throughout. We have also worked with AMD on commercial leases, and I thoroughly recommend them to anyone needing a reliable solicitor in Bristol”
Mr B, August 2023