Whether you are a landowner looking to maximise the potential of your existing site or a developer seeking to acquire a site, we can advise you in connection with:-
- Rights of pre-emption (the right of first refusal in the event of the landowner opting to sell)
- Options (the right to acquire the land when you opt to do so)
- Overage (also referred to claw back, this allows the landowner to share in the enhanced value of the property as a result of development)
- Conditional contracts (conditional for example upon obtaining the grant of planning permissions).
- Agreements regulating the relationship between landowner and developer. The precise terms of any development agreement will vary depending on circumstances but typically they are structured so that the developer receives an initial fixed fee payable by instalments as the development progresses. The developer then receives a further payment based upon a minor share of any development profit.
Following the acquisition of the site we can also assist you in the creation of an appropriate freehold or leasehold scheme and plot sales.
Whatever the size of the site, consideration will need to be given as to whether the planning consent is appropriate for the proposed use, environmental issues as to the use and condition of the site and the need to examine carefully any restrictions contained in the title deeds.
What our Clients say
I wanted to take this time to express my gratitude towards yourself and Jack for the fantastic work you have produced on a shareholder’s agreement for our company, Howha PMI Limited.
We knew we needed a shareholder’s agreement, however, whilst we are experts in the Private Medical Insurance (PMI) field, I would say we are rather uneducated when it comes to shareholders’ agreements. Therefore, we wanted professional advice from someone who would explain the agreement, and process in plain English. Something I’m pleased to say both you and Jack achieved.
During the process we had to change the goal posts and AMD took this in their stride. We believe any company who have multiple directors should have a shareholder’s agreement in place and any company looking for one, should be contacting AMD Solicitors to set it up.
Thank you once again for your time and expertise.”
HowhaPMI Limited, July 202314/07/2023
“First class solicitors, can’t thank them enough for their great help throughout the sale of our business”06/11/2023
“The service from the team at AMD for my recent house sale and purchase was superb. Specifically, I wanted to acknowledge the following; Positive attitude, responsiveness, and clarity at the stage when I was calling around to choose a conveyancer (making the choice of solicitor easy). That first contact set the high-quality tone for all my interactions with AMD.
There were many ups and downs during the purchase of my new house, and my appointed solicitor helped me stay calm and always had clarity on what we should do next.
I would highly recommend AMD.”
TALK TO OUR SOLICITORS
GET IN TOUCH