Whether you are a landowner looking to maximise the potential of your existing site or a developer seeking to acquire a site, we can advise you in connection with:-
- Rights of pre-emption (the right of first refusal in the event of the landowner opting to sell)
- Options (the right to acquire the land when you opt to do so)
- Overage (also referred to claw back, this allows the landowner to share in the enhanced value of the property as a result of development)
- Conditional contracts (conditional for example upon obtaining the grant of planning permissions).
- Agreements regulating the relationship between landowner and developer. The precise terms of any development agreement will vary depending on circumstances but typically they are structured so that the developer receives an initial fixed fee payable by instalments as the development progresses. The developer then receives a further payment based upon a minor share of any development profit.
Following the acquisition of the site we can also assist you in the creation of an appropriate freehold or leasehold scheme and plot sales.
Whatever the size of the site, consideration will need to be given as to whether the planning consent is appropriate for the proposed use, environmental issues as to the use and condition of the site and the need to examine carefully any restrictions contained in the title deeds.
What our Clients say
“Used AMD for a variety of things and they have really excelled in putting together our T&Cs, a service level agreement for the business and retrieving money from non-paying customers over the years. Always very professional, great communication and most importantly always achieving excellent end results. Fully recommend.”22/02/2021
We received an excellent and efficient service from start to finish. We couldn’t fault the highly professional support and always felt we knew exactly what was going on, and what we needed to do next. Couldn’t be faulted.20/02/2019
“AMD Solicitors recently assisted with the creation of a Will for myself. Their Private Client team were fantastic throughout the whole process. The initial meeting was able to be conducted over video call, during which they were able to answer various questions I had and advise as to the appropriate action to take. Subsequent correspondence was clear and prompt, I particularly appreciated the practical advice in relation to the witnessing of documents whilst under lockdown arrangements. I would not hesitate to recommend AMD Solicitors to others, keep up the good work!”25/02/2021
TALK TO OUR SOLICITORS
GET IN TOUCH