Whether you are a landowner looking to maximise the potential of your existing site or a developer seeking to acquire a site, we can advise you in connection with:-
- Rights of pre-emption (the right of first refusal in the event of the landowner opting to sell)
- Options (the right to acquire the land when you opt to do so)
- Overage (also referred to claw back, this allows the landowner to share in the enhanced value of the property as a result of development)
- Conditional contracts (conditional for example upon obtaining the grant of planning permissions).
- Agreements regulating the relationship between landowner and developer. The precise terms of any development agreement will vary depending on circumstances but typically they are structured so that the developer receives an initial fixed fee payable by instalments as the development progresses. The developer then receives a further payment based upon a minor share of any development profit.
Following the acquisition of the site we can also assist you in the creation of an appropriate freehold or leasehold scheme and plot sales.
Whatever the size of the site, consideration will need to be given as to whether the planning consent is appropriate for the proposed use, environmental issues as to the use and condition of the site and the need to examine carefully any restrictions contained in the title deeds.
What our Clients say
“I simply cannot recommend AMD highly enough. There are a myriad of Solicitors available so how do you know who to choose? I instructed AMD to act on my behalf for the sale of, sadly, my deceased brother’s property. AMD have been outstanding, dealing with enquiries with real diligence and pace keeping me informed every step of the way, right from my initial enquiry through to completion. The whole team at AMD were superb, but a special note of thanks to Aleksandra Wegera who was exceptional. I highly recommend AMD and would use AMD again without any hesitation”24/06/2021
“I have nothing but praise for Laura Wilkinson and Jo McGrath at AMD. We used AMD’s conveyancing services for the purchase of our first house (no chain). A stressful time for anyone, for us it ended up being really complex mostly because of our lender. Towards the end of the process, this became really stressful and caused us a lot of issues, and AMD a lot of work. I always felt that Jo and Laura were on my side though, and that they were pushing things forward. Whenever I asked for updates I would get a response the same or next day.
AMD’s pricing was a little higher than other quotes I got, but I am happy with my choice. Although Laura did have some annual leave over the course of our purchase, she made sure someone was covering for her in her absence.
I would recommend to anyone in the Bristol area for conveyancing, and wider areas where a local solicitor is not required, and will use AMD again in future”04/11/2021
“Used AMD for a variety of things and they have really excelled in putting together our T&Cs, a service level agreement for the business and retrieving money from non-paying customers over the years. Always very professional, great communication and most importantly always achieving excellent end results. Fully recommend.”22/02/2021
GET IN TOUCH